Bob Muglia announced the launch of Visual Studio 2010 in an event at Las Vegas today. The event is a global event happening all over the world.
I tweeted some of the cool features that were unveiled for the product and here is a very high-level list:
- Multi-monitor support
- New Native Windows Animation API
- New Native Ribbon Designer
- Support for Sharepoint 2010 applications
- Visual Web parts and designer,
- Silverlight enabled,
- deployment simplified,
- Linq support
- Debugging Sharepoint 2010 in VS2010 – simplified
- Windows 7 Mobile apps development
- Windows 7 Mobile designer view.
- Integrated Device Emulator
- Windows 7 Phone Marketplace coming later this year
- Visual Studio Team Explorer Everywhere 2010
- Code visualization
- Dependency Graph,
- navigate call stack,
- generate sequence diagram,
- UML 2.1 compliance
- Improved Testing experience
- New Test Manager,
- Actionable Bug, with step-by-step doc. of what tester did with video of desktop recording when the bug occurred
- Replaying keystrokes of previously recorded tests while tester did the testing
- Intelligent Project Status built automatically with VS Team Foundation Server, VS2010 and Sharepoint 2010
- and more… stayed tuned.
Also, checkout the blog post (or the mirror) about the VS2010 release from Scott Hanselman. Also, checkout a very detailed post from Scott Guthrie.